14 December 2007

A snowy day in the office

It's snowing outside, the kind of snow that blows diagonally across the rooftops from a never-ending gust of wind.



I just met with one of my research colleagues to discuss a literature search I've been working on, regarding the design and economics of greywater recycling systems in office buildings. I was worried because I hadn't found much relevant literature. However, what I did find, is good material. So the actual result of the literature search was that: there actually isn't much current literature available on this particular topic. Most of the literature deals with recycling greywater in domestic households or saving energy in office buildings, but very little of it deals with the combination of saving water in office buildings. Even so, much of this literature is outdated. So now that I have finished the active part of the search, I just need to summarize the comparisons (i.e. which projects saved how much water in what ways and for how much money) and read through the article synopses one last time.



I'll do all this in the next three hours because at 4:00, we're having an office party at the main building of the campus. After the party, I'm going bowling with my department. For some reason, everyone seems to think that since bowling is an "American" sport, this American girl must be an expert at it. Haha. As I told one of my colleagues, "Ich kenne das. Das bedeutet nicht, dass ich das kann." In other words, I can bowl, but that doesn't mean I'm any good at it! It should be a lot of fun, regardless. Somehow I doubt we're keeping score.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home