21 November 2007

Fulbright Impressions

I've been asked to write an article for my college about my "Fulbright experience". I've read these articles before. They appear on the school's website and in the alumni magazine, and attempt to give a first-person account of a newsworthy story. On the one hand, I appreciate the opportunity to give some publicity to the college that offered me so much as a student and I also appreciate the open-endedness of the question, which allows me the freedom to write what I want. On the other hand, the same open-endedness of the question is what makes it so difficult to answer. What has my (2-month) Fulbright experience been so far? What have I learned? What elements of the experience have impacted me the most? Do I mention Uganda--by far one of my most significant experiences--even though it has nothing to do with Austria or even Europe? How does my current Fulbright experience measure up to what a Fulbright experience "should" be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home