04 November 2007

Uganda

For those of you who have heard: yes, the rumors are true. I have been travelling Uganda for the past two weeks to work on an engineering and sanitation project between the European Union and four East African countries: Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, and Ethiopia. Contrary to the State Department's warnings of anti-American/European hostility and rebel activity from the Lord's Resistance Army, I actually met some of the friendliest people during my journey. Everyone wanted to know what I was doing in Uganda, what I thought of the country, and even how my family was doing. I received many invitations to visit the country again and was also invited to stay with colleagues and friends in Kenya, Ethiopia, and Tanzania, too.

In the following entries, I'll try to record some of my impressions of Uganda and East Africa, as well as some lessons learned. I'll also try to explain the project a bit from a non-engineering and broadly defined point of view.

Let the journey begin.

[CLICK MAP]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home