28 June 2008

The train ends here.

All good things must come to an end and that includes traveling. I had really wanted to visit Prague before I leave Vienna, but it's just not going to happen. I have too many things to do in the next ELEVEN days before I can leave this country. Prague will remain one of my many reasons to return to Europe.

So what do the next weeks hold? Tonight I'm going to an informal farewell gathering, as opposed to the formal farewell two weeks ago. Tomorrow I'll be working all day on interview transcriptions for a friend of mine who's writing her Master's thesis on performance literature. Next week includes a picnic with friends outside of the city, a Celtic folk festival (yay!), hiking, a furniture museum, an art museum, outside film screenings if the weather cooperates, closing my bank account, de-registering from the city, more farewells, photographing everything in sight ... oh yeah, and packing and moving out of the apartment.

So, while I may not be able to fit in Prague at this point, I will at least be able to say that I have really been able to get to know Vienna. And that's just as important as constantly visiting new places.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home