13 May 2008

Blogging on the spot



So I'm sitting in Cafe Phil, which is one of Vienna's only smoke-free wireless cafes. (Not that your wireless should be smoking in the first place, but anyway ...) About an hour ago, a small television crew came in the front door and now I'm watching them set up for an interview. It looks like some sort of British travel show.

Oh, wait. The interview just started. They're definitely not talking about travel or cafes; they're talking about Amstetten. I can hear the interviewer's questions, but I can't hear the guy's replies. His voice isn't carrying over the din of the city street.

Now the cameraman closed the front door. The interviewer is asking what the guy (cafe owner, I think) thinks is particular about the case in Amstetten and what it says about Austrian society. She's asking the questions in English and he is replying in German. I hear comments about cultural amnesia ... taking issue with the term "incest" ... neighbors seeing things they didn't want to see ... reputable member of society ...

I can't hear his exact replies and I can't move any closer without getting in the way. Darn it.

I'll have to ask when and where the interview will be broadcast.

Back to work ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home