27 January 2008

Time for Finals

Real updates coming soon!

For now, I am in the middle of that beloved period called "Final Exams". I shouldn't complain; after all, I only have one final ... as opposed to the five or six I usually had for undergrad engineering. The class is on sustainability measures in engineering. The concepts are fairly rudimentary, but we have so much material to learn: at least 500 pages of PowerPoint slides, one 230-page book, and four scientific articles -- and all of that in German. The exam is also in German and it is a written exam. I'm not so much worried about the vocabulary as I am about the "scientific" grammar and the time limit. I write slowly in English, and even more slowly in German!

We'll see how this goes. Watch out for new blog entries next week, after the ball and leading up to Fasching (Karneval, Mardi Gras, whatever you want to call it).

Back to studying ...

1 Comments:

At January 31, 2008 at 11:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, sorry for my ignorance, but you really meant BALL! that's fabulous. i can't wait to hear all about it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home