05 January 2008

Zurich and Paris: Part V

Read Part I here, Part II here, Part III here, and Part IV here.

Our last day in Paris was nice, but it couldn’t compare to New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. We finished seeing the sights that we had missed on our first day, including the Tuileries Gardens and the outside of The Louvre art museum. (The inside is so massive, it would take at least a week to see all of the exhibits.)

In the afternoon, I began my journey back to Vienna. After picking up my luggage from our hotel, I took the subway to catch the bus to the airport. That journey alone took about two hours – the same length of the flight itself. When I arrived at the airport, I saw on the “Departures” screen that the plane was delayed for 20 minutes. Not bad. Later, the flight officials announced the plane was delayed for an hour, and then another hour. By the time I left Paris, it was 10:30 pm and by the time I arrived in Vienna, it was 1:00 am. At this point, all of the public transportation had stopped running for the night, so I had to take a taxi back to my apartment. However, there were also four other delayed flights arriving at Vienna’s airport at the same time, so I had to wait another 30 minutes for a taxi. By the time I got back to my apartment, it was 2:00 am. I was so glad to see my bed again, I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

All in all, it was a great trip and a great New Year’s celebration. I wonder where my next destination should be – perhaps Budapest or Bratislava … we’ll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home