17 September 2007

Things in the city that made me smile today

1. Registering at the university and finding out that the main building is surrounded by organic gardens and a quasi-forest
2. Getting my first research assignment -- Read Report X! Read Report Y! Read Report Z! Did I mention I have some reading ...?
3. Getting a free cell phone from one of my research advisors (though I still have to get a phone number).
4. Finally opening a (free) bank account
5. Finally signing my lease -- the apartment is MINE!
6. Decorating the apartment a little bit.
7. Stumbling upon three parks and a public outdoor swimming pool
8. Being mistaken for a native, and then being complimented on my German
9. Remembering my way around the city and not getting lost
10. Eating red raspberry gelato with REAL raspberries in it. Mmmm. Lecker.

Word of the Day: lächeln = to smile

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home