12 September 2007

Welcome to Vienna!

I arrived safely in Vienna Tuesday afternoon after a 15-hour flight, including a 5-hour layover in Frankfurt. I slept through most of the flight from Philadelphia to Frankfurt and stayed awake for most of the flight from Frankfurt to Vienna. Once in Vienna, I took the train and subway to get to my final destination: the apartment where I'll be living for the next ten months. I was carrying one large suitcase, one duffel bag on wheels, a backpack, and a laptop. This was actually surprisingly manageable until I came to the stairway of the apartment building. My apartment is on the 3.Stock, which actually means the fourth floor. Luckily, the landlady met me at the front door on the ground floor and her husband was nice enough to carry my suitcase up the three flights of steps. I felt bad, letting him carry a 72-pound suitcase, but I was also quite grateful!

By the time I moved all my luggage into the apartment, the landlady gave me a quick tour, and we set up the wireless internet connection, it was about 6:00 pm. I bought a quick salad for dinner, made some tea, took a shower, and went to BED. I was asleep by 9:30 and slept soundly through the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home